After another busy week of much work and minor mishaps…
- Car tyre had a slow puncture… paid to get it repaired then a few days later whilst backing up for an oncoming vehicle on a narrow country lane (we have many of those here ) promptly clobbered a rock and scrapped the same tyre.
- After I had that issue with my Action Camera’s USB socket, and then using my replacement, and then the SD Card failing and finally receiving a replacement (for which another is on its way as compensation for that delay) the recharging socket on my trusty* ToHLo battery pack decided to move itself further inside the device beyond reach… so I need to attempt to carefully prise my way into the pack to fix that socket (I couldn’t fix the one on the Action Camera).
*it had been very trusty as I have been using it for over a year and it still seems to hold good charge.
- I’ve decided I need a “noise-free” week; not just external “noise” but within my head, such as work stuff spinning round and being juggled, and generally not being able to “switch off” or do one thing as a time (as Anonymole suggested recently and I had been trying). I had a couple of brain-freeze moments this week where, 1. I couldn’t remember what I had done the previous day, and 2. struggled to remember where a laptop had come from that was sitting on my bedroom floor. They individually felt like weird moments and together have given me cause to wake up to them.
- I’m going to do some form of meditation, or general sitting quietly and calming my thoughts – Sarada suggested this to me recently and since then I watched a Youtube video on someone else’s experiences, which included the issues of “noise”, so I’m feeling encouraged.
- I’m going to have a week off from blogging; I’m also going to turn my thoughts away from such things as “I could blog about that…” (I might form a short list of things to reflect on after the event though).
- I’ve also been pondering the whole Veganuary thing, and rather than have a whole meat-free month, I’ve been shopping in the car today (prior to clobbering the tyre) and loaded up on mostly “green stuff” (all of which was burying the spare wheel). I don’t intend to be ‘vegan’ because I like the freedom of not pigeon-holing myself (and various other reasons)… which in itself doesn’t sound like a very veganish thing to do.
- When shopping I was also mindful of packaging; especially since it is apparently Zero Waste Week next week, so I made an extra effort to buy stuff lose or with minimal packaging.
- I’m going to finish reading The World of Eclos by ‘Rex Gordon’; the second book I’m reading as part of Vintage Science Fiction Month.
See you in February!